FieldMove is a digital mapping environment created to replace traditional paper mapping with a digital alternative. The interface is designed for simplicity and practicality in the field and optimised to be used on ruggedized tablet devices with a digital stylus/pen. FieldMove integrates with both GIS data bases and legacy heritage paper mapping and 3D visualisation can be achieved via Move and MoveViewer.
FieldMove provides significant time savings and increased accuracy in producing the finished map by eliminating time consuming ‘inking in’ and transcription errors in ‘fair copy’ production.
- Custom designed for geological field mapping.
- Fully digital data collection.
- Integrated notebook allows notes and photographs to be geo-referenced to the basemap.
- Data entered once – saves time and reduces potential errors from ‘inking in’ and transcribing which frees up time to think about the mapping results.
- Flexibility in the working scale – no problem with visualising closely-spaced data.
- Location shown in real time on basemap through integration of GPS unit.
- Data transfer options including Google Earth, DXF and ShapeFiles.