A digital field mapping environment created to replace the paper map and field note book. The interface is designed for simplicity in the field and optimised for light weight, ruggedized, tablet devices with a digital stylus/pen.
FieldMove integrates with both GIS data bases and heritage paper mapping and allows data transfer to other applications and 3D visualisation can be achieved via MoveViewer.
The mapping tools in FieldMove are provided with a view to constructing a structural, geological model in Move from all available data.
- Custom designed for field mapping.
- Fully digital data collection.
- Integrated notebook allows notes and photographs to be geo-referenced to the basemap.
- Data entered once – saves time and reduces potential errors from ‘inking in’ and transcribing.
- Flexibility in scales that can be worked at – no problem with obscuring existing data.
- Location shown in real time on basemap through integration of GPS unit.
- Data transfer options including Google Earth.