It’s all about reducing the uncertainty in the structural model.
We routinely work at all scales from regional exploration studies and basin analysis down to detailed fracture modelling for individual reservoirs/pay zones or mineral deposits. Our 30 years of corporate experience has seen us perform consultancy servicesonshore, offshore and deepwater onshore, offshore and in deepwater, on all continents and in all structural settings.
Each project is designed around the specific requirements of the client and can range from a few days to several months (average length 2 to 3 months).
Our aim is to work in close consultation with our client throughout the project. Often the local geology knowledge comes from the client and we provide insights, techniques and expertise in structural modelling to help answer specific questions about the geological evolution and the aspects of which will have the most affect on resource recovery.
The scope of our consulting projects include:
- Validating present-day interpretations in 2D and 3D
- Timing, geometry and kinematics of trap formation
- Building geometrically consistent geological models in 2D and 3D
- Palinspastic stages and time-stepped framework models
- Reconstructing paleobathymetry and depositional modelling
- Hydrocarbon systems modelling
- Trap volumetrics and risk analysis
- Reservoir compartmentalisation
- Stress and strain analysis
- Fracture analysis and fracture network prediction
- Upscaling and geocellular models
On Consulting Projects our Structural Geologists use our structural modelling and analysis software, Move.
If you have a project that you think we can help with, contact us directly through the Contact Page.